In Verba 8, we are adding a mobile optimized web interface, that let’s you search and replay recorded conversations and control on-demand recording from your smartphone. The new interface not only supports browsers on Android, iPhone and Windows Phone, but due to its new form factor and special integration features – it can also be embedded into the Cisco Jabber and Lync desktop clients, where it can provide recording functionality right where you work.
This post is part of our Gearing up for Verba 8 series.
First look at the new mobile web interface in Verba 8
When you login to the new mobile interface, it greets you with:
- your ongoing conversations – here you can decide to Record it, in case your account is not recorded constantly
- your last 10 conversations – your voice and IM conversations are shown here for quick access
Playback function is available in the conversation lists, both on the last conversation and the search result page. Playback uses the built-in media player of your mobile phone.
Currently you can make searches by
- date period – just set start and end date
- number/address – in this simple box you can type, phone numbers, names, email addresses, anything that identifies parties of a conversation
When you press Details, a summary page are presented with relevant details of your voice calls and IM conversations.
Security aspects of mobile web access
This new interface is part of the Verba Media Repository and provides HTTPS access. It is possible to deploy this on a separate server, or different network port, in order to separate it from the desktop interface in your firewalls if needed.
Everything a user sees here is restricted by the same advanced access control mechanism, that drives the desktop web application. Users only see, what they are allowed to see.
Embedding into the Cisco Jabber and Lync desktop clients
Due to it’s form factor, this interface can also be used directly embedded into the Cisco or Lync desktop clients:
- a new Cisco Jabber client tab – in Cisco Jabber it can be added as a new tab (that can e.g. auto-refresh every time you open it, to show the latest information in your last conversation list)
- part of Lync conversation windows – in Lync this is attached to a conversation window
- SSO support – login can be automatic on Windows desktops, using Active Directory based single sign-on
- playback in desktop web app – when you press play it will take you to the Verba player in the desktop webapp for a better experience
If you are interested in this feature and Verba 8 in general, can contact one of our experts.