We offer an Investment Protection Program for Cisco MediaSense customers who are affected by Cisco’s recent MediaSense End-of-Life (EOL) announcement. The program provides a unique opportunity to convert existing Cisco MediaSense solutions to Verba in a cost-effective manner.
Cisco MediaSense End-of-Life announcement
On April 5th, 2017, Cisco announced End-Of-Life (EOL) dates of the Cisco MediaSense call recording solution. The new announcement affects the latest Cisco MediaSense versions:
Both versions follow the same EOL schedule:
- End of Sale – October 4th, 2017
- End of SW Maintenance – October 4th, 2018
Previous versions of Cisco MediaSense are already past End of Sale.
Full MediaSense replacement (and then some)
Beyond the features Cisco MediaSense offered, the Verba solution provides many additional capabilities including but not limited to the following selection:
Additional recording capabilities
- Cisco Jabber Instant message archiving
- Desktop screen capturing
- Additional voice and video recording scenarios (e.g. our unique proxy tech)
- Voice Quality Checks – this built in recording assurance tool can “listen” to all your recordings to spot network or audio issues
- CDR Reconciliation – compare recordings with call records in your phone system
- Active Directory synchronization – forget managing your users manually, our solution provides single sign-on and ensures that you record everybody you have to record
- Cisco Contact Center integration – enrich your recording with contact center information from Cisco UCCX and Cisco UCCE
Additional archive capabilities
- More advanced data retention system – granular control over the lifecycle of all or any subset your data, you can execute 14 different actions on your recorded conversations like archiving, exporting, deleting, phonetic indexing, etc.
- Extensive storage and archive integrations – currently you can store information recorded by Verba in 16 different on-prem and cloud archive solutions
- Role-based Access Control – flexible, enterprise level authorization system with 60+ different user permissions
Additional end user capabilities
- Advanced Compliance – tools for collaborative workflows for legal compliance teams
- Quality Management – helps your contact center supervisors improve service quality
- Speech Search – search within the recorded audio using phonetic search
And one more thing…
On top of the above, the Verba platform comes with active compliance capabilities, which allow you to proactively enforce communication policies in your Cisco UC system. Control mechanisms include: presence blocking, Instant Message disclaimers, session blocking and Instant Message content filtering.
Data Migration – Solved
Verba launched recording integration with Cisco MediaSense in the summer of 2012. New Verba users can use this built-in import capability to migrate existing Cisco MediaSense data to Verba.
You can quickly decommission your existing Cisco MediaSense system without losing your historical data in your new Verba environment.
Since collaboration recording is our core business we always focus on implementing innovations and improvements in the capabilities of the Verba solution.
Verba 8.9, released recently in January 2017, is the most significant update of our Cisco recording technology so far. We have added new features like
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise integration,
- PCI DSS button for Cisco phones,
- a Cisco Finesse gadget,
- recording for calls connected through Expressway,
- recording for encrypted video calls,
- recording announcements for incoming calls,
- true dual-stream recording,
- Cisco CDR Reconciliation, and
- foundations for Cisco Meeting Server recording
(general availability for CMS recording planned for our next release).
What is your next step?
Get in touch today, and our team will ease you through your Verba transition process.